Boston Town

click to enlarge
United Counties League  
Premier Division
Boston Town 2 
Deeping Rangers 2
Atten 80ish

 









My first dip into this league and an enjoyable one at that. I was told by the locals that I was visiting probably the best ground in the league and who was I to disagree. Covered stands on three sides and covering on the fourth. Not many Clubs can boast such a ground at this level of the pyramid and I was also warned that there were some really “unremarkable” grounds in the league. To be honest Tattershall Road home of Boston Town aka “The Poachers” had been on my radar for nearly four years and i was not disappointed. A busy kitchen was purveying tasty freshly made sandwiches all with a friendly smile. 




Todays fixture with Deeping Rangers (3rd) who although are located 28 miles away are regarded as their “El Classico” or fierce derby rivals. For me a 'fierce derby rival ' is one which is located within ten miles or less but for today I will overlook these thoughts due to I am in Fen Land and towns are more isolated from each other. 


The game itself was a game of two halves as Deeping cruised into a two goal interval lead. There seemed no way back for Boston after having a player sent off in the second half until they were awarded a soft penalty and then ten minutes from the end a poorly taken free kick somehow squeezed through the defensive wall ,bobbled and wrong footed the Deeping goalie. 



I have a lot of time for the friendly people at Boston Town as they just go about their stuff quietly.Recent new manager Nathan Collins has come in a given more structure to the playing side and improvements have already been noticed. They are realisitc as what can be achieved and will go about it in a methodical way. I am certain with Nathan's strong leadership only good things will happen.

Great ground,friendly people,decent game with a great fightback where "Poachers turned goalscorers" !

2 comments:

  1. You've got 'United' where it should be 'Town' in the eighth line, I think! Handsome looking ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul, thanks for pointing that out , for some reason i keep doing that !
    The grounds are only 2 miles apart but that is still no excuse ;)
    For its level of the pyramid the ground is a beauty. Great day out.

    ReplyDelete